AWARDS: Nine Finalists in 2015 Fairlady Women Of the Future Awards
Recent Gauteng Business News
Fairlady, in partnership with Santam, has selected nine finalists for the 2015 Fairlady Women of the Future and Rising Star Awards. The women and their businesses are featured in the August issue. The winner of the Fairlady Woman of the Future and Fairlady Rising Star awards will be honoured at an awards ceremony in Johannesburg in August 2015.
"We were planning to have only five finalists, but because of the excellent calibre of the entries, we had to increase that number to nine," says editor Suzy Brokensha. "South African women should be proud: every single one of these finalists is world-class."
The search, which called for entries from South African female entrepreneurs who have created successful businesses, saw an array of smart business ideas and women with the drive and commitment to bring those ideas to fruition. "South Africans are so entrepreneurial. These women are not only empowering themselves, but also people around them. They're a real asset to the country."
• Anisa Kale (Keys Communications) - owner of an advertising and marketing company providing opportunities within the township infrastructures
• Beryl Shuttleworth (The Herbal Horse and Pet) - a leading manufacturer of innovative natural supplements for animals
• Boitumelo Ntsoane (Afrilink HealthCare) - owner of a primary health care service available in the townships across SA
• Jacqueline Goliath (De Fynne Nursery) - owner of a successful plant producing nursery that propagates, grows and supplies containerised plant products to various markets
• Jeanne Groenewald (Elgin Free Range Chickens) - owner of the largest fully integrated true free-range broiler producing company
• Laura Reynolds (RecruitGroup) - head of a leading recruitment agency that finds and places top talent for South African firms through innovative products and services
• Mariné Pienaar (TerraAfrica Consult) - a provider of a variety of soil, agriculture and land use consulting services in Africa
Rising Star 2015 finalists
• Amy de Castro (Bamboo Revolution) - a producer of unique bamboo and leather wristwatches
• Michelle Nadine Ballot (Pantry Box) - owner of a unique company designed to help you with out-of-the-box dinner ideas.
The panel of judges include Public Protector Thuli Madonsela; Santam executive head of Brand, Yegs Ramiah; former PA to Nelson Mandela, author and motivational speaker Zelda La Grange; television presenter, MC and businesswoman Gerry Rantseli Elsdon and Suzy Brokensha.
Business News Sector Tags: