VENTURES: South African Startup Wins Africa 'Get in the Ring' Battle
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Nedbank Helps Luxury Brands Achieve Carbon Neutrality
- Cloud – Transforms Your Intranet Into An Internal Communication, Collaboration and Information Powerhouse
- Five Simple Steps to Project Status Reporting That People Will Read
- Is PMO Gamification a Way to Drive Quicker Adoption?
- SME Survey 2015: More SME-Friendly Banking Services Needed
The 10 finalists gave their all in the competition in their attempt to convince a jury of six investors of their business plans. In five exciting one-on-one battling rounds the entrepreneurs had to tackle five different topics regarding their businesses, followed by a Q and A session with the jury. In between and after the rounds the finalists and audience enjoyed a soulful performance by Nigerian music star Bez and several interviews with inspiring entrepreneurs.
Finally, the jury had made their decision and announced that the winner of this year's African Final is Justin Coetzee from South Africa. With his business GoMetro he has built a mobile application that provides information, updates and announcements regarding public transport for cities in South Africa. Justin has now earned a place in the Global Final of Get in the Ring. Moreover, this competition demonstrated the great potential of African startups and the interest of investors from Africa and beyond in supporting these startups to grow.
Business News Sector Tags: Ventures|