ENERGY: Save Energy for the Planet. Use It to Support Bafana
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Harnessing the Full Potential Of the Storage Cloud
- The Mobile Internet Pinned Down
- Latest Trends in M&A and Capital Raising in Mining and Metals Transactions
- Ford Increases Production at Silverton Plant
- SA Needs Steady Flow Of Registered Auditors to Maintain Global Number One Position for Auditing and Reporting Standards
Woolworths internal energy-saving mascot, Sparky paid a visit to Woolworths head office to celebrate the world cup and to remind Woolworths employees to support South Africa off the field by saving electricity.
Woolworths created Sparky to help its employees understand their role in energy saving, and to guide them by offering tips and incentivizing conservation of energy at stores and at home.
Commenting on his visit to Woolworths headquarters, Sparky says: “Our country needs our support on the field and off it. We all know that electricity supply is limited. At Woolworths we’re doing our best to use this precious resource wisely.”
Sparky’s top tips:
Don’t leave lights or appliances on unnecessarily, especially when you leave home to go to the stadium or fan parks.
Install compact florescent lights (CFL) instead of ordinary light bulbs. CFL’s use as much as 80% less electricity than ordinary light bulbs.
Turn off your computer monitor overnight, you’ll be surprised how much energy your computer draws overnight.
Business News Sector Tags: Energy|