Gauteng Business News

Send  Share  RSS  Twitter  03 Jun 2010

VENTURES: Vunani Buys Jala


Recent Gauteng Business News

Vunani Limited (“Vunani”) is pleased to announce the acquisition of a 51% interest in Jala Group (“Jala”) which will be re-named Vunani Technology Ventures. The remaining 49% will be held by the existing management of Jala. The new business will create a platform for investments into technology companies by offering ICT advisory and investment banking to high-growth, mid-market ICT software entrepreneurs.

Jala was started by two experienced ICT entrepreneurs, JB Maree and Graeme McKellar. Both have extensive experience having built their own ICT solutions businesses which have since been sold on. Jala provides a range of strategic, advisory, consulting and support services for the ICT industry. Clients include Enerweb, Saratoga Software and Relate Technologies.

The acquisition will combine the investment banking expertise and black empowerment credentials of Vunani with the IT skills and experience of Jala. This IT experience ensures understanding, from an insider’s view, of the corporate challenges facing many ICT innovators and entrepreneurs.

JB Maree, Chief Executive Officer of Vunani Technology Ventures said:

“The ICT sector is often viewed as something of an enigma, yet it is one of the key drivers of development in Africa. For IT entrepreneurs, their relationship with investment bankers and corporate advisors can be fraught with misunderstanding. Vunani Technology Ventures will bridge this gap, providing niche IT specialist knowledge with investment experience and savvy. Our vision is to become a supportive growth force for entrepreneurship and IT business in South Africa.”

Vunani Technology Ventures will focus on those mid-market software entrepreneurs who demonstrate the potential to become major players in the ICT industry, providing them with the necessary high-impact advice and Group to facilitate the next level of growth.

Vunani Technology Ventures will differentiate its service offering by providing expert counsel as well as investing on its own account. Services will concentrate on client partnerships that maximise capital returns whilst minimising risks for the entrepreneur, thus becoming a catalyst for deal flow within the local software market as well as into Africa. In addition, through partnerships with a number of Silicon Valley venture capitalists, entrepreneurs will be able access the global market.

Ethan Dube, Vunani CEO said:

“The mid-sized software market is particularly interesting with its challenges in terms of expansion and empowerment. As an innovative platform, Vunani Technology Ventures will create linkages providing the impetus for expansion and growth. We are proud to be at the forefront of this unique business service offering.”

spine-alignsolarportBusiness ProfilesBubble-Chairjane-shonfeld

Online Foreign Exchange
Foreign Exchange


Fax 2 Email



Online Casino


Shop Online

Study IT
Study IT Online

Web design
Web Design


Work from Home
Company News


© 2021 All rights reserved.

Daily Newsletter Subscription


Subscribe to the Gauteng Business News Daily News and information email (it's free).

Thank You
Your email address has been added.

Email Address: