MOTORING: SA Impact Of Hummer Announcement
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Making B-BBEE Reporting Compulsory Should Strengthen Original Intentions Of Empowerment Legislation
- Keeping the Lights on in Your Smart Building with Power Assurance and Quality Solutions
- People Banking on Cellphones More Than PCs
- Cloud Computing Has Arrived But is South Africa Ready?
- Bytes Partners with P2Dss to Capture Growing ERMS Market
The announcement by General Motors that it will wind-down the HUMMER brand will have no impact on our operations in South Africa.
While we will no longer distribute and sell HUMMER vehicles in South Africa, we remain fully committed to looking after our customers through our network of HUMMER approved dealers. HUMMER customers can be assured that we will continue to offer full after sales support and that we will honour all warranty agreements.
In May 2009 we halted HUMMER H3 production and commenced the process of consolidating our manufacturing operations at our Struandale production facility. This is progressing well and is enabling us to further improve efficiencies, while strengthening our position as we look to grow our business in the future.
We have a product portfolio plan in place which will enable us to achieve the 50000 Automotive Production Development Programme volume requirement by 2012. This incorporates new product programmes for the replacement Corsa Utility and the Isuzu KB as well derivatives from these vehicles. To date we have announced that we will be investing R700 million in new tooling and facility upgrades to accommodate these new programmes.
Business News Sector Tags: Motoring|