TRAVEL: SAA Adds Feather to 2010 Cap
Recent Gauteng Business News
South African Airways (SAA) has been awarded the top accolade of Africa’s
Leading Airline in the World Travel Awards recently held in London. SAA was nominated in the award
category along with other recognised airlines in Africa, Ethiopian Airlines, Air
Namibia, EgyptAir, Kenya Airways and Royal Air Maroc.
The World Travel Awards have been described as the ‘Oscars’ of the travel and tourism industry and is regarded as the very highest achievement that a travel product could ever hope to receive.
The World Travel Awards serve to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all sectors of the global travel and tourism industry and to encourage continued service excellence and the highest standards.
Votes for nominees are cast by at least 170 000 travel and tourism professionals around the world. Nominees are judged on their customer service by travel professionals and customers alike.
It is an honour for an airline to be recognised by one of the most reputable events on the travel and tourism calendar. It serves to offer the necessary motivation to continue providing the best for customers throughout the world.
Other awards presented to SAA in 2009:
- Best Domestic Airline (Business to Consumer) – Sunday Times Top Brands Awards
- Best Scheduled Airline in Africa – Travel Weekly Globe Awards
- Best Airline in Africa – Skytrax Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Best African Air Cargo – Air Cargo Magazine
- Africa’s Leading Airline – World Travel Awards
- Best Airline Stand at Indaba – Africa’s annual Travel and Tourism Exhibition
- Coolest Domestic Airline Brand – Sunday Times/Generation Next Awards
Business News Sector Tags: Travel|