Finance: Report on Health Of State-owned Enterprises Finances Request
Recent Gauteng Business News
- The Three Pillars Of Human Resource Outsourcing
- Inspired By Volunteerism in Kigali, Rwanda, Joburg’s Executive Mayor, Herman Mashaba, is Calling on the Sandton Community to Work Hand-in-hand
- Channel Growth and Integration Challenges Have An Impact
- The SANDF is Back at the Rand Show
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio - the Brand's First SUV
Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan and Public Enterprises Minister Barbara Hogan have been directed to prepare a report on the health of state-owned enterprises with particular reference to their finances, the Cabinet has said
Hogan was in hot water recently when she said poorly performing state corporations should be sold.
Eskom, SAA and the SABC have been in the news of late over huge losses and requests for substantial extra funding.
Chief government spokesman Themba Maseko said after Wednesday’s Cabinet meeting that Hogan was also asked to reactivate an inter- ministerial committee on state assets “to oversee the functioning of these entities”.
He said the report and the committee would provide an early warning mechanism for telling when entities ran into financial trouble. This particularly because when they were in trouble, they ended up asking the government to bail them out. He said the agenda for the committee would be open and no enterprise had been singled out.
The full article can be found at BusinessDay.co.za
Business News Sector Tags: Finance| Business|