Business: SABMiller Awarded Brewing Licence in Namibia
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Foster Melliar and ISolve Learning Solutions Merge to Form New Training Solutions Company
- Innovation Crucial in Current Economy Say Manufacturers
- Esquire Pumps 600% in Online Sales
- TransUnion’s TU SYNC Offers Auto Dealers Real-time, Fleet Management and Tracking
- SE Announces Investment Challenge Public Game Winners
Through the creation of a new subsidiary to be called SABMiller Namibia (pty) Ltd., the group plans to invest in the construction of a brewery at a site yet to be confirmed.
SABMiller has been importing beer into Namibia through Castle Brewing Namibia (CBN) for more than 20 years and has around 22% of the domestic market through brands such as Castle Lager, Carling Black Label, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Castle Lite.
Commenting on the decision, Cobus Bruwer, Managing Director of Castle Brewing Namibia, said: “The Namibian Government’s decision to grant us this license is a milestone, as we have sought brewing rights in Namibia for the past decade. Once constructed, the development of a local plant will enable us to make our brands available in returnable bottles. When the plant is operational, we expect to contribute significantly to the Namibian economy.”
Business News Sector Tags: