Motoring: Renault South Africa Achieves Record Highs in August
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Credit Worthiness One Of the Victims Of Hard Times
- Integrating Social Media Into Your Customer Contact Strategy
- Bancassurance An Essential Development Tool in Achieving An Inclusive Insurance Market
- CG Consulting Doesn’t Want Christmas to Creep Up on You
- Is the Economy Squeezing the Life and Profits Out Of Insurance?
- Best sales volumes since June 2007
Renault South Africa recorded its best market share (4.11%) since June 2006 and also its highest sales volumes since June 2007 during August 2009. Renault’s record performance came against a backdrop of a market that, 25.7% down on August 2008, remained depressed - despite a further cut in the interest rate.
“We are extremely pleased with our performance and also the consistent growth trend,” said Régis Fricotte, Vice President - Marketing at Renault South Africa. “We have enjoyed an increase in sales since the beginning of the year and are confident that the trend will continue - and even amplify. Renault doubled their sales volume from August 2008 making it one of the winning manufacturers in the market. By October we will have the newest range of models in the country.”
“The passenger car market is at its lowest in seven years with no signs of recovery as yet,” explained Fricotte. “With access to credit provided by banks a key issue, a further increase in the price of fuel and a widespread feeling that the crisis is far from over, South African consumers remain cautious in their spending.”
Business News Sector Tags: