GREEN: Woolwoths Recognised As Global Leader in Sustainable Water
Recent Gauteng Business News
- South African Natural Gas Company Makes Clear Its Intention to Contribute to the Gas Procurement Programme in South Africa
- Datacentrix Establishes Optimisation Solution Division
- Adapt IT Delivers Sound Results & Bold Plans for the Future
- Develop SA and Enzayo Technologies: a Formidable Team
- Customer Experience Management Means Nothing Without Measurement
WOOLWORTHS has been identified as a global leader in sustainable water management and has been awarded a position on this year’s Water A-List by CDP, the non-profit global environmental disclosure platform.
Woolworths is among 10% of companies participating in CDP’s water programme to get onto the Water A List, comprised of 73 global companies, in recognition of its actions in the last reporting year to manage water more sustainably.
Feroz Koor, Woolworths’ Group Head of Sustainability says, “We are particularly proud of this recognition considering the current water scarcity issues being experienced across large parts of the country. Our water conservation efforts are not just about doing the right thing, although that is crucial in the face of local and global environmental challenges. It also makes good business sense to be investing in water efficiency, rainwater harvesting and sustainable farming practices, and creates a more sustainable business for the long term.”
The Water A List is published by CDP, an international non-profit organization that works with companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests.
Business News Sector Tags: Green|