Business: NUMSA - Possible Strike at Ford Motor Company S.A
Recent Gauteng Business News
- FinTech and Innovation Trends for 2018: the Fall Of One Size Fits All
- Mobile Devices Fuel Flash Memory Growth
- Music Festival for Food Lovers where Everything is Delicious
- Employers Want to See More Than Your Degree
- Growing Demand for Prime Logistics Space in Africa Presents Major Opportunities for Development
It is also disheartening that NUMSA would encourage their membership to participate in a strike action in light of the prevailing economic hardships and current 4-day production schedule.
Ford has worked hard to communicate with all our employees, including NUMSA leadership, on the present business realities surrounding these challenging times, as well as the future requirements necessary to become a globally competitive export source.
In January 2008, Ford announced our intention to invest in an all-new, next generation compact pick-up truck for the Silverton Assembly Plant and a new, high-tech Puma diesel engine for our plant in Port Elizabeth. We are presently engaged with key stakeholders, including the South African government, to finalize this investment program. Any potential strike action would pose a significant risk to this planned expansion.
Business News Sector Tags: Business|