Business: NUMSA - Possible Strike at Ford Motor Company S.A
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Mobile Hard Drive Shredder Launched
- The Fibre-Optics Revolution: Unleashing Limitless Creativity
- T-Systems Launches Innovative Customer Experience Management Solution for the Automotive Industry
- Imperial Logistics Greens Schools By Planting 860 Trees
- ManpowerGroup Identifies the Dawn Of the Human Age
It is also disheartening that NUMSA would encourage their membership to participate in a strike action in light of the prevailing economic hardships and current 4-day production schedule.
Ford has worked hard to communicate with all our employees, including NUMSA leadership, on the present business realities surrounding these challenging times, as well as the future requirements necessary to become a globally competitive export source.
In January 2008, Ford announced our intention to invest in an all-new, next generation compact pick-up truck for the Silverton Assembly Plant and a new, high-tech Puma diesel engine for our plant in Port Elizabeth. We are presently engaged with key stakeholders, including the South African government, to finalize this investment program. Any potential strike action would pose a significant risk to this planned expansion.
Business News Sector Tags: Business|