Resources: The 3rd Agribusiness Africa Conference
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Pipeline Levy Will Cause Massive Job and Price Issues
- Growthpoint Properties achieves robust 14,4% growth in distribution for Investors
- Energy Cybernetics Enters Solar PV Market
- Gartner's 2016 Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies Identifies Three Key Trends That Organizations Must Track to Gain Competitive Advantage
- BANKSETA Conference tackles the future of Banking in Africa
In Africa, the agricultural sector directly accounts for over 60% of the total labour force; more than 20% of total merchandise exports and approximately 20% of total GDP for Africa as a region (NEPAD, 2000:19). Not only is it the primary source of foreign exchange earnings for the continent, it is often the only source of income for a large percentage of the African population.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Promoting Intra-Africa Trade”. The event will focus on the technology and inputs necessary to make Agribusiness in Africa work and creates a business platform that brings producers, business people, entrepreneurs, processors, marketers, development and aid organisations in contact with equipment, inputs and service providers.
Confirmed speakers include such as HE Ambassador Bene M ‘Poko from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Paul Runge, Managing Director of Africa Project Access, and Dr. Lawrence McCrystal, Director of Agrifica.
For more information on the event please contact Marianna at Agrifica on
Tel: 012-804-9729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Business News Sector Tags: Resources|