Business: Assmang Plans on Retrenching Nearly 20% Of Employees
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Bridge Fund Managers Wins Multiple Raging Bull Awards
- Your Servers and PCs Might Be Costing Thousands Overnight
- R60million Massiv Investment Marks Turning Of Tide in Taxis
- Enabling Business Growth Through Skills Development
- Join Master Data Management at the Insurance Fraud Analytics & Telematics Conference 2016
The consultation process with the various trade unions is expected to begin at the mine tomorrow. The mine has indicated that, among other things, it wants to investigate the retrenchment of workers as well as reduced work hours during the consultation process.
Assmang Manganese plans on implementing the retrenchments at the end of July and aims to use the LIFO (last in, first out) system as well as the retention of core capabilities as measures for the selection process during the planned retrenchments.
Business News Sector Tags: Business|