Business: SA Spends R80 Billion Recapitalising State-owned Enterprises
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Ten Tips to Survive the Entrepreneurial Experience
- Information Technology Service Provider Implements ITIL
- High Electricity Pricing Could Stunt SA Economic Growth
- Recently Announced Changes to Medical Cover Provider Rules Should Ultimately Benefit Consumers
- Bataleur Releases Latest Insurance Rating Software
Between 2004 and 2008, the government spent around R80 billion in recapitalising enterprises owned by the state, with the bulk of that money going to power utility Eskom and SAA.
There is little clarity on the direction of the policy on state-owned enterprises, that is, whether it is edging towards greater state control or privatisation, and whether more bailouts would be tolerated in the future.
Mathews Phosa, who is the ANC treasurer-general, has said that the ruling party is considering this topic, and that each state-owned entity would have to be individually analysed.
Read the full article at: http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=4942972
Business News Sector Tags: Business|