Business: LWO Offers Unique New Service to Employers
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Emira Signs An Agreement to House Both KFC and Pizza Hut Africa Head Offices in Another Landmark Deal for Knightsbridge, Bryanston
- SAS focuses on how to find success along the Enterprise Intelligence journey.
- Choosing the Right Partners in a Changing Market
- Investor Interest Runs High for Melrose Arch Phase Three
- Business Connexion signs on as McAfee ElitePartner
LWO SPREADS ITS WINGS WITH UNIQUE SERVICE TO EMPLOYERS
After 18 years of successful and specialised service as the labour mouthpiece of agricultural employers, the LWO (Agricultural Employers Organisation) has spread its wings to serve industries outside of agriculture. The organisation will in future be known as the LWO Employers Organisation.
“We are now geared to meet the needs of employers or organisations with any number of employees by providing protection and professional support in dealing with labour issues,” says Retha van der Merwe, marketing manager of the LWO.
“With nearly two decades of experience in our field, we recognise and fully understand the labour difficulties confronting employers. We offer unique benefits and professional services to address the distinctive labour challenges faced by employers in South Africa.”
The LWO is the only employers’ organisation participating in sectoral concessions and negotiations at government level. Its tariffs are described as being highly competitive and, in some instances, even lower than those charged elsewhere in the industry.
Services offered by the LWO include the following:
* Access to a free 24-hour emergency advice helpline regarding dismissals, strikes, retrenchments and other issues.
* Free legal advice and, where included in the package, free representation in the CCMA and Labour Court by specialised LWO officials/legal advisors.
* Union negotiations, disciplinary hearings, strikes, retrenchments and service contracts.
* Employment Equity and skills development.
* Procedures regarding occupational health and safety.
* Clock-in and diesel control systems.
For further details, telephone 0861 101 828.
Business News Sector Tags: Business|