Travel: SAA Implements Full Contingency Plan
Recent Gauteng Business News
- The Great Debate Permanent Employee or Contractor‘
- Galix Delivers Mimecast’s Secure Messaging Solution to the Local Market
- The Benefits Of Alcohol Testing in the Transport Sector – for Employers and their Employees
- 10 Tricks Used By Spammers to Get Into Your Inbox
- BankservAfrica Selects Sanctions Screening Solution
South African Airways has today implemented a full contingency plan to minimise disruptions to passengers after the South African Transport and Allied Workers Union (Satawu) embarked on industrial action.
Customers are advised that at this stage, SAA’s operations are unaffected but some disruptions may occur today.
The industrial action follows a dispute declared this week by Satawu relating to three issues. Satawu demands that the payment of retention premiums be extended to all employees, and that SAA immediately halts the use of labour brokers.
SAA remains committed to continued engagement with union leadership in an effort to resolve the current impasse. The airline trusts that the union will appreciate the importance of such continued engagement.
SAA will keep customers informed on an ongoing basis regarding how the strike may affect operations.
Business News Sector Tags: Travel|