VENTURES: Nampak Invests Almost R1 Billion in Glass Packaging
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Technology – Disrupting the Way We Work and Play
- Brazil Recession is Expected to Continue in 2016
- Engen Revs Up Rollout Of UTi ByBox Parcel Delivery Service Amid E-Commerce Boom
- SAA Celebrates 50 Years Of Direct Flights Between South Africa and Mauritius; Frequency Increases Dr
- Training Recognition Ceremony for AEE Energy Engin
Nampak Looking to Grow Glass Operations
Andrew Marshall, CEO of Nampak said Â“this acquisition is part of our strategy of investing in our core businesses where we believe we have competitive advantages. As a result, Nampak is looking to grow its glass operations in South Africa and the rest of Africa. This will be more easily achieved by us owning 100% of the glass business.
Wiegand-Glas Remain with Nampak
Although they will no longer be shareholders in the business we are pleased that Wiegand-Glas have agreed to remain at Nampak as our technical service providerÂ”The transaction is subject to the approval of the Competition Authorities.
Business News Sector Tags: Environment|