EXPO: Twin Trade Shows Offer a World Of Variety
Recent Gauteng Business News
Competition in the hospitality industry is fierce, and it is becoming more difficult for companies to differentiate themselves from the rest. Africa’s Big Seven Food and Beverage Trade Show (AB7) and the Southern African International Trade Exhibition (SAITEX) showcase the latest products, trends and tastes available for the hospitality industry to enhance offerings to customers. Both exhibitions take place from 17 to 19 July 2011 at Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand, Johannesburg.
“If your business needs the latest innovations, technologies, products and services from around the world to give you the edge, then you need to be at AB7 and SAITEX,” says John Thomson, Managing Director of Exhibition Management Services, organisers of the two shows.
Wide Selection of Products on show at AB7
“If last year’s shows are anything to go by, then prepare yourself for an even bigger array of exotic foods, liqueurs, spirits and beverages from Africa and the world,” adds Thomson. “Expect to enjoy new experiences at AB7 and SAITEX 2011. Cigars from Cuba, vodka from Ecuador, wine from China, seafood delicacies from Vietnam – the variety is almost endless, and you get it all under one roof!”
What’s On Offer
- Award-winning brands from Angolan beverage company Refriango: In May 2011, first-time exhibitor Refriango scooped awards for six of its brands – praised for their excellent quality – at the Monde Selection Awards in Brussels. Their Welwitschia branded tonic water won a gold medal, and their fruit juice soft drinks Blue Guaraná and Blue Maracujá were distinguished with silver medalsFrom Indonesia, the Orang Tua Group will show off its recently-launched ‘addictive’ Tango Crunch-milk Waffle. Theirs latest creations are the Tango Less Sugar Chocolate or Vanilla Wafer, ideal for weight conscious consumers.
- Interbrown Korea Co Ltd will be showcasing their Aloe Vera drink and the recently launched Oolong Tea Drink.
- Food com from Thailand stocks over 30 brands of spirits and some of the world’s leading beer brands.
- Empire Teas is one of the top ten exporters of Ceylon teas in Sri Lanka. With a range of teas to suit every mood, their exclusive range of up-market products, under the brand name ‘Tea Kravings’, is attractive and unique.
- The Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers represents a vast number of Vietnamese seafood producers and exporters and companies. Products include fish, shrimp, squid, cuttlefish, octopus and dried fish.
Supplying the Hospitality Sector
Aysha Raad, Sales Director of the Restaurant Association of South Africa (RASA), highlights the importance of AB7 to the hospitality industry. “The show takes place at an ideal time of the year, when suppliers launch new products and visitors can discover new trends in the industry,” says Raad. “It is a fantastic expo where people can actually interact with equipment, products and tastes. When it comes to food and beverages, you are welcome to smell, feel and even taste the products on offer,” says Raad.
Africa’s Big Seven showcases a wide variety of products, services, systems and technologies from the farm gate to the supermarket shelf. At AB7, there’s something for everyone. The seven-in-one trade show comprises:
- Agri-Food – manufacturers and producers expo;
- FoodBiz Africa – food service and equipment;
- FoodTech together with DrinkAfrica – production, processing and packaging, as well as beverage processing and packing machinery, equipment and technology;
- IFMA - a dedicated meat expo;
- InterBake Africa – equipment, processes and ingredients for the baking industry;
- Pan Africa Retail Exhibition – food, beverages, merchandise and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG);
- Retail Solutions Africa – technology for retailers.
Visitors can pre-register at www.exhibitionsafrica.com and take advantage of the free internet-based business matchmaking programme, which provides exhibitors and visitors with pre-profiled, pre-selected and pre-scheduled matchmaking meetings for all three days at AB7 and SAITEX. Visitors can also preview all exhibitors’ products on the same site from 15 June onwards.
Business News Sector Tags: Food| Expo|