COMMERCE: SAB Awarded Top SA Company Status
Recent Gauteng Business News
- JHI Property Tips Series: Surviving in retail
- SA Green Building Council Celebrates World Water Day 2017 By Sharing Useful Water-saving Tips
- Give Quality Information and Expect the Best Coverage
- Assets Under Management Growth By Black Asset Managers in South Africa Slows in 2017
- Credit Worthiness One Of the Victims Of Hard Times
The South African Breweries Limited (SAB) has been awarded first place for Excellence in the Food and Beverage category of the very first Top500 Awards held this week in Johannesburg.
SAB was nominated alongside Senwes Limited and Tongaat Hulett Limited in the Food and Beverage category.
The Top500 Awards is hosted by Top500: South Africa’s Best Managed Companies, a directory publication of SA companies and brings together the first-in-sector winners from 100 leading business sectors in the country.
SAB director of Corporate Affairs and Transformation, Vincent Maphai, says: “We are honoured to have received this award which recognizes our goal of seeking to demonstrate leadership in every dimension of our business.
“One of the key elements of our business strategy is to deliver societal leadership. We are very focused on ensuring that SAB continues to make a positive contribution to South African society and to the prosperity of the country. We are gratified that these efforts have again been recognised,” he says.
Companies were nominated through the Top500 research process and measured on the following:
* Growth (%)
* Growth (Rands)
* CSI expenditure
* Turnover per employee
* % female employees
* % black employees
* % black directors (executives)
* % female directors (non-executive)
* % female directors (executive)
* Company policies (written)
* Company accreditations
From these criteria, a company’s ranking within their sector is established and a number 1 company adjudicated. Only the number one companies are eligible for consideration into the exclusive awards event.
Business News Sector Tags: Business| Resources| BBBEE|