BIOTECH: SA Biotech Company Wins UK Tender
Recent Gauteng Business News
- SAA Launches New Product That Makes It Possible for Customers to Bid for a Business Class Upgrade
- Smart Process Applications – the Key to Unlocking Operational Efficiencies and Enhancing the Customer Experience
- TransUnion Launches National Voice Bank in South Africa – Hello Voice Biometrics!
- Public Get to Experience the DEA’s Leading Edge Green Head Office
- The Anatomy Of An Internet Giant
Following an international tender process, DNAlysis Biotechnology has been awarded the licence for the provision of personal genomics services by Newcastle Science Company Ltd in the UK.
In 2005, Newcastle was designated as one of six UK Science Cities in recognition of the world-class research being undertaken by its universities and the potential of its science industry base. It aims to capitalise on world-class scientific research, and to create an environment that enables science and business to work together effectively.
DNA Diet, developed by local biotechnology firm DNAlysis, fulfilled all the relevant criteria put forward by the tender agency, Newcastle Science Company, including scientific validity, sufficient expertise amongst the development team, innovation in approach and suitability of the product to local requirements.
Says Yael Joffe, Director of Nutrition at DNAlysis Biotechnology, “We are very excited about the international recognition DNA Diet has received, which further emphasises how local SA scientists can compete on the international stage. We are also delighted to establish new collaborations with international partners and look forward to exploiting the potential that exists for the co-development of new genetic tests."
Business News Sector Tags: Business|