GOLD: SA Gold Production for the 2nd Quarter
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Private Sector Skills and Resources Cannot Be Lost to South Africa’s National Healthcare Project
- What You Need to Know About Land Loans
- Earthlife Africa Johannesburg Conference Geared to Shake Up the Environmental Movement in SA Over the Next Two Days
- DuPont Launches Operational Excellence Sub-Saharan Africa
- Technology is Changing the Face Of Video Conferencing
SECOND QUARTER 2010 PRODUCTION
In the second quarter of 2010, South Africa’s gold production increased by 12.6% to 49 444.5 kilograms when compared to the 43 927.8 kilograms produced in the first quarter. On a year-on-year basis gold production was down marginally 2.0% when comparing the second quarter of 2010 with the same quarter in 2009.
CHAMBER MEMBER GOLD PRODUCTION
For gold mines members of the Chamber, production rose by 14.5% to 41 219.7 kilograms in the second quarter of 2010 when compared to the previous quarter. On a year-on-year basis Chamber member production fell by 3.4% in the second quarter of 2010. Production was boosted in the second quarter for Chamber member gold mines by the 8.4% increase in the average grade milled to 3.1 grams per ton and because of a 5.7% rise in the amount of tons of ore processed through the mills to 18.7 million tons.
Business News Sector Tags: Mining|