ENGINEERING: SA Supplies Diesel Engines to Dubai Police Force
Recent Gauteng Business News
- SekelaXabiso Becomes SA's 2nd Largest Black Accounting Firm
- Staunching the Flow: Limiting Shopper Bleed in a Time Of Massive Redevelopment
- Enterprise Apps Poised for Lasting Impact on Transport and Logistics
- Globalisation Forces Business to Gear Up Supply Chain Risk
- Responsible Marketing Practice Guru to Revisit South Africa
MTU South Africa and BAE Land Systems OMC met at Dubai Police Force Head Quarters earlier this month to hand over the RG12Mk4 vehicle and technical certificates to DPF personnel. The DPF personnel received competence training for a period of one month on the RG12Mk4 vehicles and basic technical aspects of the MTU engines.
“We are proud that BAE Land Systems has chosen MTU SA as the engine supplier for the armored vehicles,” says Michael Baumann, Managing Director of MTU SA.
A swing engine from MTU will be stored as a back-up for the RG12Mk4 vehicles at the Dubai Police Force technical workshop. The OM906LA engine provides 180kW of power at 2200 rpm. Technical back up and maintenance of the engines will be provided to the Dubai Police Force by MTU’s regional organisation in Abu Dhabi.
Business News Sector Tags: Engineering|