Sport: SAA CEO hosts Paralympic athletes
Recent Gauteng Business News
- New Lifestyle Urban Estate for Soweto
- Clear, Tansparent Auditor Reporting – Will This Assist South Africa Maintaining Its Number One Ranki
- Fraud Awareness in Education Vital to Curbing Wasteful Expenditure
- T-Systems Embraces Enterprise Supplier Development in Line with New BBBEE Codes Of Practice
- How Apps Are Taking Over Computing and Content
South African Airways (SAA) CEO, Khaya Ngqula hosted a number of South Africa’s Paralympic team members at the airline’s head office, Airways Park, near OR Tambo International Airport, today.
The purpose of the athletes’ visit was to meet with SAA staff members, who had an opportunity to personally congratulate them on their achievements at the Paralympic Games in Beijing, China, last month.
Several of the team members, including Natalie du Toit, who also qualified and participated in the Olympic Games and collected five gold medals at the Paralympics, offered employees words of encouragement and inspiration.
SAA was the official carrier of the 2008 Paralympic team and carried athletes and officials on its direct flight between Johannesburg and Hong Kong.
“We are honoured to have been a part of such a victorious time in South Africa’s sporting history. The achievements of our athletes are an inspiration to us all,” says Ngqula.
SAA has been a sponsor of Disability Sport South Africa (DISSA) over the last three years.
“It is a great privilege for SAA to have the relationship it has had and continues to have with DISSA. We wish all its athletes the very best in their upcoming sporting events.”
Business News Sector Tags: