BUILDING: Dulux to Sponsor Green Building Conference and Exhibition
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Technology Enabled Learning Must Prepare Students for the Workplace
- Fixtures and Fitting in Property Transactions Explained
- Pilot Programme Injects Vocational Skills Into Gauteng’s Economy
- Anglo American Invests R15 Million in Chair Of Occupational Hygiene at Wits
- Cargo Carriers Produces Sharp Increase in Headline Earnings
Dulux Trade will once again be a major sponsor participating in this year’s Green Building Conference, hosted at Gallagher Estate in Johannesburg on 29th-30th April. Aligned with international standards and environmental trends, the company will be showcasing its line of innovative and environmentally friendly products to the professional sector.“Dulux Trade cares about the environment and, as such, aims to remain innovative within this sphere through developing products that provide a solution while simultaneously offering the finest quality to the professional sector,” explains Xavier Rijmenans, Head of Marketing: Dulux Trade South Africa.
Dulux Trade offers a range of products and services designed to meet the varying needs of the professional specifier. As part of this, it offers a complete and comprehensive range of professional support services which includes site surveys in the assessment stage of a project where advice can be given on products required; specification writing which will ensure that correct preparation is highlighted and that products specified are the most appropriate; site visits during the course of the project to ensure work is carried out correctly in accordance with the specification; a report to project owners on the progress of a particular project; colour advice; and health and safety advice relevant to the use of Dulux Trade products.At Dulux Trade, part of AkzoNobel we are committed to delivering sustainable products and solutions to our customers. But we can only do this if sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. That's why we've integrated sustainability into every area of our business - for the benefit of our clients, shareholders, employees and the world around us. Our sponsorship of the Green Building Conference and Exhibition 2010 is just one of the things we are doing to help create a more sustainable way of doing things.
We believe the only way to grow is by developing sustainable, innovative solutions that benefit our customers and we believe that the Green Building Conference is a hugely beneficial event to be involved in as it will bring thought leaders from global markets to join leading national experts on this topic to present, debate and apply global thoughts and trends in green building to the local environment in South Africa.At Dulux Trade our environmental policy focuses on two areas of production. Firstly we aim to conduct all our operations with respect for the environment while seeking to drive down the impact by reducing waste and emissions and using energy, water and other raw materials efficiently. Secondly we strive to develop products with environmental benefits, and improve the environmental footprint of our products throughout their lifecycle.In trying to realize these goals we have introduced various initiatives and products that are environmentally friendly and that allow for sustainable practices:
1) The Dulux Trade Environmental wash system allows customers to wash out brushes, rollers and other painting tools in a way that minimizes the impact on our environment. It converts the paint washings into clean water plus a small amount of solid waste, conserving water in the process.
2) Dulux Trade Light and Space paint has been developed specifically to meet growing concerns about the environment. Using a ground breaking new paint technology, Lumitec, which is more reflective and less absorbent of natural or artificial light, the resulting finish maximises the impression of space – giving the room an improved ambience and appearance whilst using up to 20% less light energy.
3) The Ecosure range of paint from Dulux Trade shows that environmental benefits no longer have to be chosen at the expense of performance when specifying paints. The Ecosure range provides high quality, long lasting finishes with excellent application characteristics and colour choice. Dulux Trade Ecosure can be tinted using the Dulux Trade Colour System to allow flexibility in colourful decorating while taking the environment into account.
AkzoNobel Paints was influential in lobbying for the introduction of VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) regulations in Europe. South African legislation regulating VOC levels in decorative paints does not currently exist. However Dulux has embarked on various initiatives throughout the years to align ourselves with global VOC standards. These initiatives have included the introduction of water-based products as opposed to their solvent-based counterparts, wherever possible. In our premium waterbased lines, VOCs have been greatly reduced by substituting VOC-contributing raw materials with environmentally friendly alternatives that offer the same performance. As a result, our premium water-based lines currently conform to the 2007 regulations of EU directive 2004/42/EC which means that they are considered as having low VOC content.
Sponsoring the Green Building Conference and Exhibition 2010 is just one more way in which Dulux Trade is contributing to a sustainable, environmentally friendly way of conducting business.
Business News Sector Tags: Construction|