Finance: JSE sets new trading record
Recent Gauteng Business News
- IoD and Standard Bank Launch Sustainable Development Forum
- McCann Scoops a Digital Award at the African Cristal Festival!
- DHL Invests Over EUR 30.5 Million in New South Africa Facilities
- Sub Saharan African Equity Issuance Doubles to US$ 2.9 Billion in First Half Of 2014
- TransUnion Launches Next-generation Consumer Credit Profiling Data Tools
The new derivatives trading system successfully handled the futures closeout which contributed to the increased volumes together with the current volatility in the market.
"Once again, this reaffirms our position as the number one market for Single Stock Futures and the 10th largest derivatives market in the world," said Russell Loubser, CEO of the JSE Ltd. "As a result of this new record, it has been a very successful and profitable few days for the company operating the exchange, the JSE Ltd."
The new record breaks the previous one of 119 971 trades set on 20th March 2008.
Business News Sector Tags: Finance|