General: Stainless women get skills enhancement
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Leading Communicator and International Author Maxim Behar, Key Note Speaker at PRISA 2017 National Conference
- Market Demand Accelerates Rapid Progress Of N4 Gateway
- How the New Lease Accounting Standard IFRS 16 Affects Financing Transactions
- 15 Local Entrepreneurs Named As Finalists in Premier Entrepreneurial Competition
- Financing Infrastructure Development in Africa Becomes Easier with PPPs
The Gauteng women of the stainless steel fraternity received a skills enhancement from Sassda (Southern Africa Stainless Steel Development Association) for Women’s Day in the form of a free Basic Skills Course.
Over 110 women committed their time to learn more about all things stainless at seminars held in Western Cape, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Gauteng and Polokwane. The internationally recognised course is registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa and attendees are accredited with two CPD points.
“We wanted to contribute, and celebrate, Women’s Day in our industry in a significant way. We were overwhelmed with the response – it must be because women and stainless steel share so many characteristics – elegant, beautiful and tough!” Tim Raaff, managing director of Sassda adds with a smile.
The courses were presented by Nadia Schonken and Nocwaka Ntshangase, metallurgists from Columbus Stainless, and Athol Victor, Sassda’s technical advisor of Gauteng.
Business News Sector Tags: