General: Stainless women get skills enhancement
Recent Gauteng Business News
- Setting Has Never Been Better for Renewable Energy Sector
- Partnership Set to Revolutionise the Insurance Industry
- State Bank Of India to Expand in SA
- The Great Software Decision: Build or Buy?
- Emira Signs An Agreement to House Both KFC and Pizza Hut Africa Head Offices in Another Landmark Deal for Knightsbridge, Bryanston
The Gauteng women of the stainless steel fraternity received a skills enhancement from Sassda (Southern Africa Stainless Steel Development Association) for Women’s Day in the form of a free Basic Skills Course.
Over 110 women committed their time to learn more about all things stainless at seminars held in Western Cape, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Gauteng and Polokwane. The internationally recognised course is registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa and attendees are accredited with two CPD points.
“We wanted to contribute, and celebrate, Women’s Day in our industry in a significant way. We were overwhelmed with the response – it must be because women and stainless steel share so many characteristics – elegant, beautiful and tough!” Tim Raaff, managing director of Sassda adds with a smile.
The courses were presented by Nadia Schonken and Nocwaka Ntshangase, metallurgists from Columbus Stainless, and Athol Victor, Sassda’s technical advisor of Gauteng.
Business News Sector Tags: